After a record-high 8,500 votes in District 19’s participatory budgeting process, three projects emerged victorious.
Here are the results and winners of funding for Fiscal Year 2020:
- PS 129 Gymnasium Renovation – 2,009 votes
- This project will fund a full renovation of the school’s existing gym space to enhance educational opportunities in the safest way possible for the P.S. 129 school community.
- Green Biome at Bayside High School – 1,807 votes
- This project will fund a Green Biome, which will provides avenues for hands-on learning about hydroponics, solar energy, recycling and urban gardening.
- NYPD Security Cameras – 1,574 votes
- This project will fund and install four NYPD security cameras in District 19, which are meant to enhance crime prevention.